Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Riley Blake Challenge

The Modern Quilt Guild hosted a fabric challenge where they sent each member a selection of Riley Blake Fabrics and we all got to make something quilty of our choice. My local guild decided to make their own rule as well that you had to learn a new skill or practice a skill you aren't comfortable with. So here's what I made, it's just a little mini quilt.

So you may be wondering what new skill I was practicing well I did all the piecing in my new to me Singer treadle! I will talk more about that in a later post.  I also was practicing my free motion quilting skills with some petal or orange peel quilting which you can see better from the back.
I really enjoyed the challenge and would like to say a big thanks to The Modern Quilt Guild and Riley Blake for putting this all together for us!! Until next time here's a couple more pics :)




3 comments:

  1. How delightful to have a treadle. I learned on one, but alas did not save it when I downsized in the 80s. Do you plan to FMQ with it? There is a woman on Ravelry who does beautiful FMQ with her treadle. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated your blog for Leibster Award because you know I love reading your blog. You can find out more about the award here: http://kirabell.blogspot.com/2014/02/a-liebster-award.html I can't wait to read your answers, so be sure to let me know when you post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kira, I have finally answered your questions!!! Woohoo only like a month and a half later!!

      Delete